How to Enroll
You must be an ASC member to register for courses, and your membership must be active through the end of the term for which you are registering. You can pay for your membership at the same time as enrolling in classes, but in order to enroll, you must have an ASC account and be logged in. Learn about becoming a member.
Online course registration opens on the date and time posted here. Class sizes are limited so it is important to register promptly. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
Course descriptions for each term are posted on the website at least two weeks before registration opens.
Once registration opens, follow these steps to enroll:
- Choose "Course offerings" from the COURSES menu, or click here.
- Review the course descriptions, dates, and times.
- Click the Enroll link below the course description for the class. You may enroll in more than one course before proceeding to the payment screen.
Important: if you do not see the Enroll link once registration opens, please refresh your browser.
- Once you have finished selecting courses, click "Go to your cart" in the orange message box in the upper right of the screen (or the "Enrollments" or "Cart" link if the message box is no longer visible.)
- The Enrollments screen shows the subtotal for your selected courses and allows you to pay for or extend your membership or make an additional donation.
- If you are paying by credit card, enter your card information and click "Submit card payment."
- If you are paying with a check, click "I will send a check!"
Note: When you pay with a credit card your registration is confirmed immediately. If you choose to pay by check we will hold your place in the class for seven days. If we do not receive your check within seven days we will release your registration for another student.
If a course is full, you may join the waitlist by clicking the Join waitlist link below the course description. If a space opens up (or the instructor increases the class size) you will automatically be invited to join the class and receive email instructions on how to proceed.
Registering by Postal Mail
We are currently not printing and mailing course brochures so there is no printed registration form. If you wish to register by mail you may print the registration form at the end of the online brochure. However, if you do send your registration by postal mail, please note that registrations received by postal mail will be processed beginning one hour after online registration opens, as administrative time permits.
Tuition for the first course per term is $60, and each additional course per term is $35. Tuition includes the cost of course texts or supplies selected by the instructor, if any. (Note that those enrolling after registration closes will be responsible for purchasing their own texts.) Class sizes are limited so it is important to register promptly.
ASC can provide confidential scholarships to its members from a special scholarship fund. If costs are holding you back, but you have an interest in higher learning and wish to participate, please contact us for more information. We want you to join us!
Course Withdrawal and Cancellation Policy
If you need to withdraw from a course, you must do so prior to the first scheduled class date of the course in order to receive a refund.
If ASC cancels a course due to low enrollment or unforeseen circumstances you will receive a full refund.
Acadia Senior College cancels events and classes when the MDI schools close for snow or weather events. When a delay occurs, ASC also cancels events or classes that start within the delay time period.