Acadia Senior College is open to everyone 50 years of age and over (as well as those with spouses or partners over 50). Membership dues are $35 for one year, or $90 for three years. Membership years are based on the date you sign up or renew. Each individual must have their own membership.
The college offers three course terms - Fall, Winter, and Spring. View Course Offerings.
Our Food for Thought lecture series runs once a month from September to April. The Coffee Clash discussion series takes place in January - March, offering a variety of thought-provoking topics.
Other events, field trips, and social gatherings are offered throughout the year, sometimes in partnership with other organizations.
View Upcoming Events
Special Note: Currently, almost all college activities are online using Zoom. In addition to our online courses, we are planning a variety of presentations and other opportunities to stay connected until we can safely gather again in person. We hope you will join us.
The benefits of membership are many!
- Eligible to enroll in all ASC classes
- Receive notification of courses - printed or online course brochures
- Receive invitations to special events and social functions
- Subscribe to the monthly newsletter
- Exhibit and participate in the annual Members' Art Show and Reception (month of May)
- No grades, no tests, no stress!
- Meet new people and stay socially engaged (even online!)
- Access to classes offered at any of the other sixteen senior colleges in the Maine Senior College Network without paying an additional membership fee. Course tuitions still apply and vary by college.
- Intellectual stimulation, practical knowledge, social interaction, and fun!
How to Become a New Member
If you already have an ASC account, click here to login. Otherwise, follow these steps to join ASC and become a new member:
- Click the "JOIN" button at the top right of the page:
- Enter your information, choosing a username and password. Note that every individual must have their own account and must have a unique email address.
- You will receive an email with a link to activate your account. Click the link in the email to complete your registration.
- Login with your new username and password. You should see a message in the upper right:
- Once you have activated your account, close the orange message box by clicking the small "x".
- Click “Become a member now” in the upper right of the screen:
- Select "1 year ($35)" or "3 years ($90) and click the "Add to Cart" button.
- Enter your credit card information and click "Submit card payment", or to pay with a check click "I will send a check!"
IMPORTANT: If you were previously a member and you receive a message that your email address is already in use, please contact the office for assistance.
Tuition & Books
Tuition for the first course per term is $60, and each additional course per term is $35. Tuition includes the cost of course texts selected by the instructor, if any. (Note that those enrolling after registration closes will be responsible for purchasing
ASC can provide confidential scholarship assistance to its members from a special scholarship fund. Tuition for one course per term may be waived, but you must still be a current member. Please contact us for further information.
Course Withdrawal and Cancellation Policy
If you need to withdraw from a course, you must do so prior to the first scheduled class date of the course in order to receive a refund.
If ASC cancels a course due to low enrollment or unforseen circumstances you will receive a full refund.
Acadia Senior College cancels events and classes when the MDI schools close for snow or weather events. When a delay occurs, ASC also cancels events or classes that start within the delay time period.